Saturday, April 5, 2014

Beryl Dreams: Part 8

Part 8: Prepare for Trouble

I lobbed the Poke Ball at the small bug.  It wriggled for a few seconds before clicking with a bright red burst of light.  I picked it up and let out our newest member, Brandon.

"Welcome to the team, Brandon!"  I said.  "This is Daniel, John, Tyler, Heather and Tiffany."

"Hello, teammates."  he said.  "I look forward to battling alongside you."

"Let's get back to training, Matt."  Daniel said, tugging at my pant leg.

"Alright, let's go!"

We trained on that route for the rest of the day.  Everyone grew much, much stronger as we fought all of the trainers there.

"Great job, Heather!"  I said as the fainted Marill was returned to its trainer.

"Thanks."  she said.  Suddenly, she started to glow.  Her round form elongated into a thin body, and two massive wings sprouted from its back.

"You have a Beautifly?"  the girl I just beat said.  "I'm so jealous!"

"That was great work, Heather!"  I said, giving her a hug.

"You look great!"  Daniel said.

"Thanks."  she said, smiling somehow.

The sun was going down fast, so we left the route and went back to the Center.  As I handed over the Poke Balls to the nurse, she looked me straight in the eye.

"You're Norman's child, aren't you?"  she asked.

"Yes, I am."  I said.

"Well, welcome to Hoenn!"  she said.

"Thank you!"  I replied, smiling back.

"Are you aware of how the Gym system works for a Trainer?"

"I think so.  Could you explain it to me, though?  It might be different than in Johto."

"Sure thing!"  she said, smiling and handing me back the Poke Balls.  "You see, Hoenn, like most regions, is divided into eight prefectures, each headed by a daimyo.  If you defeat them and their Gym, you win their Badge.  Collect all eight, then head to Ever Grande City and challenge the Elite Four!"

"Wow, sounds like fun!"  I said.

"So, are you going to take on Rustboro's daimyo?"  she asked.

"You bet I am!"

Pokémon: 6 Badges: 0 Deaths: 0 Current Location: Rustboro City

No comments:

Post a Comment