Saturday, January 11, 2014

Beryl Dreams: Part 2

Part 2: Our First Fight

Daniel and I walked out of the forest and saw her standing there.  Maya Azalea Birch, the professor's daughter.

Her hair was light brown, wrapped in a red head scarf.  She wore a red and white shirt with blue shorts and red shoes.  Her yellow belt held an equally yellow bag and a light blue Pokemon with fins was on the ground next to her.

"May."  I said.  She turned around and smiled.

"Hey, Matt."  she said.  "What brings you here?"

"Your dad thinks you could teach me something about being a Trainer."

"Do you have a Pokemon?"  she asked, her Mudkip stepping up next to her.

Daniel stepped out from behind me.  The Mudkip growled slightly.

"Easy, Gal." she said to her partner.  Then, she looked up at me.  "You ready?"

"Let's do this."

Both of our partners stood in front of us.  Daniel was breathing steadily while Gal looked ready to pounce.

"Daniel, Scratch!"

"Tackle, Gal!"

The two animals launched at each other.  Daniel slashed at Gal as the Mud Fish Pokemon slammed into him.  The two rolled in the grass as each fought to gain the upper hand.  Daniel scratched at Gal so fast I could barely see the claws.  Gal tried to dodge while also trying to ram into him.

"Come on, Gal!  Knock him down!"

Gal crashed into Daniel, knocking him against a tree.  Daniel looked dazed for a moment, then stood back up.

"Are you okay?"  I asked.

"Yeah."  Daniel breathed as he walked back toward Gal.

"You sure?" I asked.  I was worried my Nuzlocke would kill him.

Daniel lunged forward and knocked out Gal with one fatal slash.

"I'm fine."  he said, looking back at me.

May recalled Gal to his Poke Ball then walked up to me.

"That was incredible."  she said.  "I don't think I've ever seen a beginner do that well."

My face grew hot.  "Thanks, but I don't think I did that well."

"Nonsense."  May said.  "Come on, let's go back to my dad."

Daniel walked beside me as the two of us talked back to Littleroot.

Pokémon: 1       Badges: 0         Deaths: 0            Current Location: Route 103

No comments:

Post a Comment