Wednesday, February 12, 2014

El Amor es de Oro: Day 6

February 12, 2014

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.  The coffee in my other hand shook slightly with each tap.

Lena opened the door, wearing a tank top and sweatpants.  "Ryan, what are you doing here?"

"I came to bring you breakfast."  I said, lifting the plate of muffins from the ground.

She smiled.  "Come in."

I walked into her room.  Aside from the bags and clothes, it was exactly the same as mine.  I sat down on the bed and placed the plate next to me.  She grabbed it and sat next to me.

"So I saw you didn't do so well."  she said, taking a sip of the coffee.

"Yeah, but it's all leading up to the finals.  I'm not worried."

"I'm sure you'll do great."

"Yeah.  Hey, how'd you do in your game?"

She was quiet for a little bit.  "I got 46th."

"Oh."  I said.  "I'm sorry."

"Don't be."  she said.  "That's great!"

"Oh."  I said, surprised.

"That's better than I did last year."

I smiled.  "Well, that's good."

She set her muffin down and looked at me.  "Are you doing anything later today?"

"Match against Denmark."

"Right.  After that?"

"Probably going to rest up or something.  Why?"

She turned back to her plate.  "I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out."

I put my hand on her shoulder.  "I'd love to."

"Really?" she said, smiling and looking up at me.

"Yeah."  I said.

She hugged me.  "Thanks."

"No prob."  I said, hugging her back.

All of a sudden, my watch beeped.  "I'd better get going."  I said.

"Oh, okay.  Thanks for breakfast."

"No problem.  See you later."

"Bye!  Good luck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment